Tommaso de Sando (Siena, 1985) has Master’s Degree in Architecture in 2011 at University of Florence. He is teacher at the school Madeininterior in Milano taking specialized courses and workshops of architecture and interior design. He was part of the research group of LABAA Laboratoty Architecture Environment by prof.ssa Maria De Santis (DIDA, University of Florence) and, as Teaching Assistant, he was the project coordinator for the students and Thesis Advisor.
Since 2002 he leads a group of video makes for multimedia productions and short films and then he applied this experience to his professional activity. For the university he collaborated with the Municipality of Salvitelle and prof. Francesco Ventura (DIDA, University of Florence) directing the documentary “1980”, 1st prize at 15th MEDIARC International Festival of Architecture in Video. For MEDIARC he also directed “GENAU! Raum & Gesellschaft in Wolfsburg”. His short film “Location” has been awarded at the International Tourism Film Festival “Tourfilm Riga 2018”.
He curated the exhibition “Augusto Mazzini – shared experiences” (Pisa, March 2012 – May 2012) and “Urban Perspectives” (Siena, June 2011 – August 2011) with prof. Massimo Bignardi (Dipartimento di Lettere e Filosofia, University of Siena). He is member of the “Culture Committee” of Ordine degli Architetti PPC di Siena and in this field he is the organizer of the qualified tours “Wine’s design temples” with arch. Agnese Mazzei, arch. Spartaco Mori and Alvisi Kirimoto + Partners. He has participated in national and international competitions, mostly addressing the issues of recovery and redevelopment of urban areas to be destined to public functions.
From 2011 to 2015 he worked at Studio Mazzini in Siena to manage the planning and the project management in redevelopment projects or new constructions in particular in the residential field. In 2015 he begins working in Wolfsburg (Germany) at NEULAND Wohnungsgesellschaft mbH as Project Manager in the Project Development Team. He obtains the assignment of the projects for Social Housing “Wohnen für Alle” (Pilot-Project for Wolfsburg), taking part at the “Wohnen & Bauen Masterplan 2020”.
• “Ai piedi del sorbo – racconti antifascisti in terra di Siena”. Betti Editrice. Siena, 2018;
• “Rigenerare Detmerode!”. Master’s Degree in Architecture by Marco Angelucci and Federica Gerini. Supervisor prof. Maria De Santis, correlator arch. Tommaso de Sando. DIDA Dipartimento di Architettura. University of Florence, 2017;
• “Ri-abitare le periferie: riflessione sulla grande dimensione dell’edilizia residenziale degli anni ’60”. Master’s Degree in Architecture by Stefano Ciolli. Supervisor prof. Maria De Santis, correlator arch. Tommaso de Sando. DIDA Dipartimento di Architettura. University of Florence, 2016;
• Book cover and Graphic Designer of “Maria Denis. La vita dell’attrice e l’incontro con Luchino Visconti” di Sergio Micheli. Nuova Immagine Editrice. SIena, 2016.
• Book cover (with Augusto Mazzini) “Innalzate gli stendardi vittoriosi! Dalle compagnie militari alle Contrade (Siena, XIII-XVI secolo)” by Giovanni Mazzini. Historical documentations by Mario Ascheri. Nuova Immagine Editrice. SIena, 2013;
• Illustrations for “Notiziario della Soprintendenza per i Beni Archeologici della Toscana, 6/2010” realized by All’Insegna del Giglio s.a.s.. Florence, 2011;
• Draw for “I silenzi dell’informazione. Notebook sulla “dissolvenza mediatica” dei conflitti” realized by Informazione senza frontiere. Florence, 2002.
• AWR Competitions – Architecture Workshop in Rome. Pulpit Rock Church. “Out of time”. Team: Tommaso de Sando, Giulia Capodiferro;
• AWR Competitions – Architecture Workshop in Rome. San Francisco House of Music. Team: Giacomo Massoni, Michele Grazzini, Andrea Tonazzini, Tommaso de Sando, Giulia Capodiferro. San Francisco, 2016;
• YAC Young Architects Competitions. Lamborghini Road Monument. Team: Giacomo Massoni, Michele Grazzini, Andrea Tonazzini, Tommaso de Sando, Giulia Capodiferro. Sant’Agata Bolognese, 2016;
• Danish Architects’ Association, Competition Unit & Merete Schultz. Hans Christian Andersen House of Fairytales Ideas Competition. Team: Tommaso de Sando, Davide Pedrini, Sara Flori. Odence City Museums, 2014;
• YAC Young Architects Competitions. Post Quake Visions. “Landamark”. Team: Tommaso de Sando, Davide Pedrini. Crevalcore, Bologna, 2013.
• Award at the 11° International Tourism Film Festival “Tourfilm Riga 2018” in the category “Tourism Destination – City” for the short film “L [O] C A T I [O] N”. Riga, Latvia, 2018;
• “Per la solidarietà dimostrata, la comunità Sanginesina, con gratitudine”. Mayor of San Ginesio Mario Scagnetti. San Ginesio 2017;
• First prize at 15th MEDIARC International Festival of Architecture in Video (Section Best Film-Project) for the documentary “1980”. “For the value of the documentation gathered as part of the social and constructing reality before and after the earthquake, and for the directing ability to communicate with style and passion a piece of Italian history“. Le Murate. Progetti Arte Contemporanea. Florence, 2015;
• Pictures for the Calendar 2015-2016. Calendar in Braille for blind people. Unione Italiana dei Ciechi e degli Ipovedenti (Italian Union of the Blind and Visually Impaired). ONLUS, Section of Siena. Sala Aurora della Provincia di Siena; Universal Exhibition EXPO Milan, 2015.
• Personal SketchBook for the exhibition “LIBRARTIS – Mostra Internazionale Itinerante del libro d’Artista” curated by Fabio Mazzieri. Chiusi, Castelnuovo Berardenga, Poggibonsi, Karl and Helen Burger Gallery, Kean University Art Galleries, New Jersey, 2013-2015;
• Curator of the exhibition “Augusto Mazzini – Shared experiences”. Toscana Architects, by arch. Roberto Pasqualetti. Pisa, 2012;
• Graphic Design for the exhibition “Prospettive dell’Urbano – Urban Perspectives” by prof. Massimo Bignardi (Dipartimento di Lettere e Filosofia, University of Siena). Siena, 2011;
• Pictures for the Calendar 2010 realized by Istituto Statale d’Arte “Duccio di Buoninsegna”. Siena 2009;
• Poster, draw commissioned by Aymara Studio of Siena for the company of Public Transport TRA.IN. Siena, 2000;
• First prize “Mostra d’arte figurativa XV Edizione (1979-1994)” Theme: close-ups. Siena, 1994.
• Direction and editing of the short film “L [O] C A T I [O] N” awarded at the International Tourism Film Festival “Tourfilm Riga 2018”. Riga, Latvia 2018;
• Direction and editing of the video “La Mia Francigena” presented during the Lions Day 2018. Siena, 2018;
• Direction and editing of the video “#SienaperSanGinesio” for the exhibition with Luca Betti, Mauro Agnesoni, Luciana Petti. San Ginesio, 2017;
• Editing of the video “Le Terre di Siena” for the presentation of the book “Le Terre di Siena con gli occhi aperti”. Betti Editrice. Italian Institute of Culture. Krakow, 2016.
• Direction and editing of the documentary “GENAU! Raum & Gesellschaft in Wolfsburg” presented during the Seminar “Urban Development Firenze/Wolfsburg”. DIDA Dipartimento di Architettura, Former Church of Santa Verdiana. University of Florence, 2016;
• Direction and editing of the video “[in] florence” for the 14th MEDIARC International Festival of Architecture in Video (proff. Alberto Di Cintio, Pino Ridolfi, Marcello Scalzo, Giorgio Verdiani). Le Murate. Florence, 2014;
• Direction and editing the video “Fabio Mazzieri – Colori di Siena. Giornate tese, memory of material”. Karl and Helen Burger Gallery, Kean University Art Galleries; Noyes Museum of Art. New Jersey, 2014;
• Editing of the video for the presentation of the book “Di Figlio in Padre” by Manuel De Sica. Bompiani Editore. Grand Hotel Continental. Siena, 2013;
• Editing of the video for the presentation of the book “Il Cinema Italiano dal Sonoro al Neorealismo (1930-1945)” by Sergio Micheli. Betti Editrice. Presented by Paola Micheli, Alessandro Falassi, Simone Petricci. Grand Hotel Continental. Siena, 2013;
• Author of the web series published on the YouTube Channel “Soliti Sospetti Tube” from 2011 to 2014;
• Direction and editing of the interviews by Luca Mansueto to Fabio Mazzieri, Luigi Mainolfi, Mauro Berrettini for the exhibition “Prospettive dell’Urbano – Urban Perspectives”. Siena, 2011;
• Direction and editing of the documentary “1980: memorie di un passato sofferto” with prof. Francesco Ventura (DIDA Dipartimento di Architettura, University of Florence): proposals for urban regeneration for Salvitelle e Romagnano al Monte. Salerno, 2011;
• Author of the self-financed feature horror film “Plague” published on the YouTube Channel “Soliti Sospetti Tube”. Siena, 2008;
• Visionaria International Video Festival. Short film “Maledetti Pedoni!” by Tommaso de Sando, with Paolo Lombardi. Siena, 2002;
• “Le Crete, officina di immagini”. Short film “Le Crete ieri, oggi…” by Tommaso de Sando. Asciano, 2001.